Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Bruce Smith Photography Masterclass

These last few days for me have been busy.  I was let loose in the styling stakes for my very first time on a two day shoot with renowned photographer Bruce Smith.  Well, I say all by myself but it was a bit easier than that as the boss man picked the designers and looks beforehand, I just had to pull the looks together on the day and make sure everything went smoothly, which luckily for me it did.

A few times a year Bruce holds photography masterclasses where he gives budding photographers the chance to see him in action, learn some tips, get some excellent advise and work with great models.  After seeing the classes first hand I'd definitely recommend anyone wanting to get into the world of fashion photography seriously considers attending one of the courses.

The brief for the first day of shooting was sophisticated, ladylike and glam.  For the outfits we went with three looks from designer Cristina Adami, who designed stage outfits for Florence Welch on Florence and the machines first US tour.  The make-up was a classic smokey eye and nude lip and the hair started off with a sexy wave and evolved into a sleek ponytail and neat bun. 

Day two had a more colourful feel with three looks courtesy of designer Jennifer Morris.  Again the hair started of loose and natural and ended with a Audrey Hepburn inspired french pleat.  The make-up courtesy of Michelle Court consisted of heavenly greens and blues that made the eyes pop with extra glossy lips to complete the looks.

I did take some behind the scenes pictures that I wanted to share with you but for some reason my phone won't let me upload them.  I'll try and get it working and post them at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment